Saturday, February 20, 2010

weather and pancakes

so one of my new hobbies (besides counting how many people in class look at my hot law professor's butt when he turns around) is to look up the weather, because in addition to giving the normal hour by hour forecast of temperature, precipitation and cloud cover, there is a phrase written at the top describing the weather and it always seems to stereotypically british.

today's forecast:
Generally fine but frosty with some fog reluctant to clear

about a week ago:
Dry with some bright spells developing


speaking of things adorably stereotypical, last weekend one of my classmates asked what I was going to do for pancake day.
Pancake day, I asked, what's that?
So he began describing it to me, every year people invite friends and family over and make pancakes together.
He said it was the coming tuesday.
Tuesday? that's Mardi Gras.
Oh yeah, I've heard about Mardi Gras, something to do with New Orleans, right? What is it exactly, he asked me


Oh you read that correctly.

Mardi Gras.... is Pancake Day

that's right my friends, while the americans celebrate a religiously rooted holiday that is traditionally filled with all manner debauchery, the British celebrate by making pancakes. secular pancakes.

hahahahahhahahaha, oh, my cute little understated brittypes.

I bought a crepe on tuesday after my snowboarding lessons, thereby joining in the festivities.

No comments:

Post a Comment